As signs of spring bloom all around us, we should take our cue from nature and give our skincare routine a much-needed revival
The best place to start is with a beauty bag spring clean. Toss out any products that you haven’t used in the last six months, as well as anything that has changed consistency, smell or colour.
And get rid of any SPF products that are more than a year old as the active ingredients deteriorate over time.
Update your skincare regimen
Your next step is a comprehensive approach to skin support and renewal. Update your skincare regimen with products that will restore and revitalise your skin’s radiance in spring with added sun protection as we start spending more time outdoors.
These beauty treatments and topical creams will nourish and rejuvenate your skin’s external appearance by working on superficial skin layers.
In general, select moisturiser or make-up products with added SPF properties to protect your skin. For everyday use, opt for a minimum SPF of 15. When you exercise or spend time outdoors, it’s advisable to wear a minimum of SPF30, even on cloudy days. Re-apply sunscreen every two hours to maintain maximum protection.
It is also the ideal time to swap your heavier moisturisers and foundations for lighter versions or a tinted moisturiser with an SPF to create a fresh, radiant complexion for spring.
Other considerations when selecting skincare products include:
- Know your skin type: Skincare products are typically designed for a specific skin type, so know yours and choose accordingly.
- Read labels: Everyone has different skincare needs and goals. Choose products with that in mind, whether your focus is on your complexion, premature ageing, or simply maintaining a healthy, radiant complexion. Read the product label to find a product that meets your needs.
- Do your research: Read opinions and reviews, and find out what ingredients are included in the products you’re interested in.
- Experiment: If you can’t decide, buy products in smaller quantities until you find one that works for you.
If comfort eating got you through winter, it’s time to focus on getting more nutrients that nourish your skin from within with vital antioxidants and other important nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Make sure you meet your daily hydration needs by drinking at least 2 litres a day. And eat a healthful diet filled with colourful fresh vegetables and some fruit.
Once you’ve ticked these important boxes, you can add additional nutritional support with a fit-for-purpose supplement regimen.
Intelligently formulated nutricosmetic products offer a convenient and effective way to create a vibrant appearance and radiant glow by nourishing your body from the inside out.
Nutricosmetic products provide different nutrients and ingredients in various formulations that nourish your cells, especially those in deeper skin layers, for a more holistic approach to skincare and haircare.
These carefully selected nutrients help to support natural tissue and cell repair and growth processes to improve the appearance of skin, hair and nails.
Possible nutricosmetic benefits include:
- Repair: Certain products contain compounds that support cell repair, or molecules that stimulate the natural production of the compounds.
- Growth: Certain products contain compounds that stimulate the natural production of new skin, hair or nail cells to maintain a healthy rate of tissue renewal.
- Protection: Certain ingredients protect skin from environmental stressors that often cause damage and premature ageing.
- Hydration: Certain molecules may promote hydration of the skin.
Renu your skin condition:
Biogen has created a comprehensive nutricosmetics range to complement your current beauty regimen by nourishing and supporting the cells in the deeper layers for holistic skin, nail and hair health.
The Biogen RE | NU range offers various beauty supplements that rejuvenate and renew the natural radiance of your hair, skin and nails from the inside out. The Biogen RE | NU range includes: