Two perfect and delicious snacks come together in one phenomenal recipe to create the ultimate Easter-themed meal option thanks to Biogen’s latest Iso-Whey flavour innovation.
Get the best of Easter eating – hot cross buns and pancakes – in one tasty meal with the added benefit of protein for the ultimate breakfast treat.
- 1 cup sweet potato, steamed
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp maple syrup + more for drizzling on top
- 1 tsp coconut oil + more for coating the pan
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Biogen Iso-Whey Premium Protein, Cinnamon Pancake flavour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- Raisins (optional)
- Pecan nuts
Biogen Iso-Whey Premium Protein contains high levels of EAAs and BCAAs. The Tri Matrix Protein blend includes Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Isolate and Concentrate, which ensures it is quickly digested and easily absorbed to support muscle repair and growth.
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes and boil in water until soft (approx. 20 minutes).
- In a bowl, mash or blend the cubed sweet potato and add the milk, syrup, and coconut oil.
- Add the flour, protein powder and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Whisk until incorporated. Fold in the raisins. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
- Coat a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add a small bit of pancake batter (reserve some of the batter to make the cross on top).
- Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set. Flip with a spatula. Add the cross-section on top and flip again to cook.
- Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes.
- Stack the pancakes, sprinkle with icing sugar, pecan nuts and drizzle with syrup.