Power through your next workout with this protein-packed snack.
Not only will it give you the energy you need to push yourself deeper into the red zone, but it will also keep you feeling full for longer.
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 large bananas
- ⅓ cup plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- ⅔ cup cake flour
- ⅓ cup Biogen Iso-Whey Protein Powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
Biogen Iso-Whey is a premium protein shake with a Tri-Matrix blend of a whey protein hydrolysate, isolate and concentrate that delivers high levels of EAAs and BCAAs.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 20 x 10 cm loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl — flour, protein powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar and butter until well blended. Add the eggs one at a time.
- Mash the banana and add to the liquid mixture along with the yoghurt and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, bit by bit until moist. Swirl in the peanut butter and transfer to the baking pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.